What are you all reading these days, friends? I am currently enjoying reading How to Eat, written by the Zen Buddhist monk Thich Nath Hanh. It is a very comfy and peaceful book on how to enjoy eating more. Here is an excerpt:
"Six food contemplations for young people:
1. The food is the gift of the whole universe: the Earth, the sky, the rain, and the sun.
2. We thank the people who have made this food, especially the farmers, the people at the market, and the cooks.
3. We only put on our plate as much food as we can eat.
4. We want to chew the food slowly so that we can enjoy it.
5. This food gives us energy to practice being more loving and understanding.
6. We eat this food in order to be healthy and happy, and to love each other as family".Post too long. Click here to view the full text.